History

Although parts of the Church can be dated back as far as the 11th century, the fabric of the chancel and probably the nave were constructed in the 13th century, with remodelling taking place in the 15th century, when the tower and north aisle were added.

 

By the late 19th century, the Church was reported to have fallen into a 'sadly dilapidated condition', and an extensive restoration project was undertaken in 1889. The running costs for this magnificent and historic building are approximately £11,000 per year, and we are always grateful for any donations to help with its upkeep.

Print Print | Sitemap
This is the official village website for Horwood, North Devon